Trying out HelloFresh Meals
I am one of those people that work 45 min away from home and the last thing I want to do when I get back into town is go to the grocery store and then come home and cook. When that does happen… I’m not done cooking until 7:30pm. That is just too late for dinner when I go to be around 9:30pm! I decided to try one of those “Meal delivery services.” I looked into blue apron but I wasn’t impressed with their menu. I decided to go with HelloFresh cause their meals looked “healthier” and yummier!
My 1st 3 meals arrived to my door today in a box that had icepacks in it to keep the items cool. All the meals came in a separate box and then the meat is separate. It makes it pretty easy to tell which meal is what.
For the purpose of this test, I will review the Seared Steak and Creamy Chipotle Pan-Sauce meal. As advertised, all the ingredients come fresh, with the one exception of the poblano peppers which come in a can.
The instructions say that the meal would take about 40 min to make. I found that it took around 45.
Lets get down to what you really want to know.
• At $10.75 per person/per meal it can be a pricier option, but you are paying for the convenience. Especially for no left overs
• Fresh ingredients are good, but you spend a lot of time cutting up the ingredients and dirty a lot of dishes in the process
• The recipe calls for you to take the skin off of the potato, if you don’t have the right tool to do this you could be at a loss
• A new recipe that I have never tried
• Didn’t have to go to the grocery store
• Fresh ingredients
• A good balance of veggies and meat
• Great flavor
Review from Husband- “I like it, it’s definitely something different. Is it my new favorite meal? No, but I’d give it an 8.5. I really like it”
Would I buy it again: Yes, for the convenience and to try a new recipe.
If you would like to give HelloFresh a try, enter promo code “S92LD3” during checkout and get $40 off your first box of 3 meals!
Then let me know how you like it!