ChickPea Cookie Dough Recipe
This will solve your sweet tooth problem and you’ll get some protein from it! A great way to get your kids some protein with them thinking they are eating something sweet! I’ve added a couple different ways to make it! But feel free to try a couple of your own pairings! Chickpeas are also called garbanzo beans. In my local grocery store you can find them in the Mexican Food Isle. 1 Cup of Chickpeas have 100 calories and 7g of Protein. Nutrition Facts below:
Classic ChickPea Cookie Dough
• 29oz Can of Chickpeas (or known as garbanzo beans)
• 2 tbs of Honey (add more/less to taste)
• 1 tbs of Vanilla Flavor
• 3 Tbs of Peanut Butter – You can leave this out if you don’t like peanut butter, or substitute it with Almond Butter
• 1 Cup of Oats
• 1/4 Cup of Milk (add more/less depending on thickness)
• Sugar Free Chocolate Chips to taste
1. Drain and rinse throughly the can of chickpeas.
2. Add all the ingredients except milk to the food processor or blender. Add milk a tbs at a time then blend. Stop and check the thickness and then add more milk if needed.
3. Once throughly blended, add the chocolate chips.
4. Refrigerate for a while to cool off before you eat.
Lactation Cookie Dough
I’ve seen and tried a lot of the lactation cookies. They are really good, but filled with sugar and butter. The last thing you want to do after given birth is to gain more weight! This is a healthy alternative and it gives you another source of protein!
Use the same recipe as above but add 2-3tbs of Brewers Yeast and 1 tbs of Flex Seed. I buy the NOW Foods Brewer’s Yeast Reduced Bitterness. It is good and it really works!