How To Eat Healthy Fast
I sure do love to cook, but cooking healthy is a pain sometimes! When I am feeling lazy, these are a couple of things that help me get those veggies in:
I prefer the chocolate Shakeology! But I can’t really advise on the other flavors because I’ve just tried Chocolate.
What it has in it:
• Super protein blend that includes Whey, Sacha Inchi, Chia, Flax, Quinoa, Amaranth, Pea that helps build lean muscles, improve skin and hair, support mental clarity and reduce cravings.
• Super-Green/phytonutrient blend that includes Moringa, Chlorella, Spirulina, Spinach, and Kale to help alkalinize the body and promote detoxification for health and vitality
• Adaptogen blend of Ashwagandha, Astragalus, Cordyceps, Ginkgo, Maca, Maitake, Reishi, Schisandra, and Tulsi that helps protect the body from stress, support the immune system and balance the endocrine system.
• Pre and probiotic/digestive enzyme blend of Yacon Root, Chicory Root, Lactobacillus Sporogenes, Amylase, Cellulase, Lactase, Glucoamylase, Alpha-Galactosidase, Invertase that helps increase nutrient absorption, promotes regularity and improves digestion.
Not that we really know what any of that means, here are the nutrient facts that show the vitamins you get from 1 serving:
Pretty impressive right?!
How I use it:
• I usually just mix it with milk
• Or you can try using almond milk
• If you only use a little bit of milk it gives it the consistency of brownie batter! (And it takes like it as well)
• Also good to create a blended version with the shakeology, milk, ice and peanut butter (or neutella if you want a treat)
*** DO NOT USE SHAKEOLOGY IF YOU ARE PREGNANT. Shakeology has Gingko Biloba and this can increase bleeding risk. Herbs have not been well studied in pregnancy and should be used with caution due to this issue. It would not be harmful to your baby but could come with some risks. We typically have patients stop Gingko 2-3 weeks prior to any surgical procedure. ***
2) Jus by Julie
I have had a great success with the Jus by Julie cleanses but you can’t do that every week! However, I just discovered the other day that they now offer subscriptions. These subscriptions allow you to choose any juices and it will send you how ever many bottles you want of them a week!
All our JUSes are freshly made every morning through our unique blending process that is designed to maintain the fiber of all the ingredients, as this will help your body feel full and nourished all day long. We include the entire fruit and vegetable, while cold pressed juices discard all the natural fiber and pulp necessary for detoxification. The fiber in our JUSes assist in carrying out the toxins from the body, while also helping to avoid blood sugar crashes, by helping to stabilize your blood sugar. The protein helps fill you up and keep you satisfied.- from http://help.jusbyjulie.com/hc/en-us/articles/204435305-What-Are-The-Benefits-of-Blended-over-Cold-Pressed-
Because I only really only like to eat asparagus and broccoli “green” veggies, I need to get other green veggies in my diet as well so I choose to get the “Extreme Green” jus blend of Kale, Spinach, lime, pineapple, orange and hemp seeds. I get 3 of these a week and 2 of the Spicy Pom-Nade drink that is a mixture of pomegranate, lemon, maple syrup and cayenne pepper. I know this sounds gross but I really like the cayenne pepper in this! They say that it will rev up your metabolism!