My Top 10 Recipes on Pinterest
Here are my top 10 recipes that I have tried and LOVED from Pinterest. I’m gonna try and make this not all desserts! LOL
1. Easy Taco Pie Paleo Pie. I LOVE this recipe! I change it up and put everything into a pie pan. This recipe makes a little more than necessary to put into the pie pan so you can freeze it and have it ready for another time!
Easy Paleo Taco Pie
2. I know it’s not Thanksgiving, but this Sweet Potato Casserole is delish!
Sweet Potato Casserole
3. Alright, couldn’t hold out forever. These are my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies on Pinterest. I’m a huge fan of soft cookies over hard cookies!
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
4. Drinks count as recipes… right? Try this.. Strawberry Lemonade Vodka
Strawberry Lemonade Vodka
5. Who doesn’t love an Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe?
Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
6. I love to spice up a good Alfredo with some sausage! My tip is that I use andouille sausage!
Spicy Smoked Sausage Alfredo
7. Hot Crossed Buns… who knew these things even existed? I didn’t until I read a book by an Australian Author! I’m not a fan of raisins so I just leave those out.
Hot Crossed Buns
8. When I was doing the Atkins diet, this Low Carb Breakfast casserole was my goto! I still make it about once a month!
Low Carb Breakfast Casserole
9. Talk about an easy dessert… Churro Cheesecake… you drooling yet?
10. Tuscan Chicken Skillet– I love to cook in my new skillet and this has become one of my favorites!
Tuscan Chicken Skillet
Romantic Wedding Inspiration
One of the happiest day in my life was when the love of my life (of 5 years) asked me to marry him in Cabo San Lucas! I said yes and started searching Pinterest instantly!
I looked all over Pinterst and put together my wedding inspiration.
Here was my inspiration for the wedding:
Wedding dress was Eddy K Couture 2014 – http://eddyk.com/portfolio-items/ct112-ct112tt/?portfolioID=10440
Headpiece was my something “old”. My grandma and mom both wore the headpiece at their wedding as well!
Silk Garter was from Etsy– https://www.etsy.com/transaction/258855419
Bride’s and Bridesmaid shoes were from Betsy Johnson Blue line- http://www.betseyjohnson.com/product/SHOES/All-Shoes/Betsey-Blue/SB-PEARL/pc/3902/c/3982/sc/3956/236551.uts?sortByColumnName=Relevance&selectedColor=SIDE&$MR-THUMB$
Mint and Capri Bridesmaid Dresses were from David’s Bridal– http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_long-strapless-chiffon-dress-and-pleated-bodice-f15555_bridesmaid-dresses-all-bridesmaid-dresses
Groom wore a Hart Schaffner Marx Grey suite and the groomsmen wore darker grey pants and a white shirt
Found the ties to match the David Bridal dresses online at Bows-N-Ties.
Flower Girl’s dress were also purchased on Etsy with the custom blue and mint colors- https://www.etsy.com/listing/117275225/flower-girl-dress-ivory-vintage-lace?ref=shop_home_feat_1
The ring bearers wore a white shirt and these cute Janie and Jack shorts with suspenders- http://www.janieandjack.com/shop/dept_item.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443477716&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374303716097&bmUID=1424813133868&productSizeSelected=0
The pink bow tie came from Etsy as well – https://www.etsy.com/listing/196175127/suspender-bowtie-set-light-grey?ref=shop_home_feat_3
Photographer- Rachel Mathew Photography
More on the wedding decorations soon!
Master Bedroom Decor
Getting into this married routine can be a little bit challenging. But, I am loving decorating our home and making it ours! Some things since we bought them are no longer available but I have found similar items!
“LOVE Metal Marquee Sign Light” found here on ETSY. I also used this as a decoration in our wedding!
I got the bed frame from West Elm, my favorite shop! Unfortunately, this on is no longer available but here is a similar Nailhead Upholstered Headboard
We went on Black Friday and got a mattress from Sleep Number. People either love or hate their sleep number, WE LOVE OURS!
The duvet cover we got from Pottery Barn is no longer available, but I found this one that is similar from Pottery Barn
Mr. & Mrs. Pillow
Got these Mrs and Mr. Pillow from Hobby Lobby. We also used these in our wedding as decorations! We also used them at our friends wedding as well.
Safavieh Nailhead Tufted ”X” Bench
My mom bought us one of these benches for Christmas and then I got another one to use it in front of the bed! It also works as a great stepping stone for our dog to get up on the bed. These nailhead bench comes from Kohls.
Got the Diamond colorful rug from my Grandma. It is a handmade Navajo Rug. The shaggy sheep rug came from Amazon.
I found an antique wooden fireplace that would stand up by itself. Then I put candles that I got from Target in the fireplace. This fireplace was actually bought to be used as a altar in our wedding but it also fit perfectly in our bedroom!
I got the wood from an old barn that we have. I bleached the wood to kill anything on it. Then stained it black. The legs came from Hairpin Legs online.
Under the side table we have 3 laundry baskets that are for light, darks and towels. These baskets came from Target. And they come with a little chalkboard on the front and you can write “Lights, Darks and Towels” on them so your hubby knows which basket to put his clothes in. FYI: Do not put wet towels in the baskets. They will mildew.
Got this beauty from WestElm.
Tex Mex Stuffed Peppers
Since I have been 5 years removed from being a Texan, I have to get my Tex Mex in somehow! One way I make my belly happy is with this Tex Mex Stuffed Peppers recipe from my mother Heather.
What You Will Need:
• 1lb Lean Ground Beef
• 3/4 Cups Chopped Onion
• (2) 10oz Cans Diced Rotel Tomatoes (mild, original, or hot to taste)
• (1) 15oz Can Red Kidney Beans
• 2 Cups Quick cooking Brown Rice
• 6-8 Green or Red Bell Peppers
• 2 Cups Water
• 2 tsp Chili Powder
• 2 Gloves Garlic, Chopped
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
• 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
1. In a deep skillet, brown ground beef with onion and garlic. I use about 1-2 tbs of olive oil to brown with the ground beef.
2. Stir in tomatoes (undrained) and beans (drained and rinsed), and all other ingredients except cheese and peppers.
3. Cover and simmer.
4. Clean peppers. Remove tops and seeds. Place in a casserole dish. Add 1/2 cup water. Cover with plastic wrap.
5. Cook on high in microwave 4-5 minutes, or until just starting to soften. (check often)
6. Stuff with meat mixture. Bake at 350º for 15 minutes.
7. Top with cheese and continue baking 15 more minutes!
You will have enough ingredients left over to freeze and stuff about 2-3 peppers for a fast dinner another night!
* Really good stuffed into poblano peppers
* Try meat mixture over cornbread or corn chips- really good!
* I can not tell you how cooking is so much easier now that I have Calphalon pans! Definitely worth the price!
Canvas Elephant and Giraffe Growth Chart with Bible Verse
I was working on a gender neutral baby room when I designed a growth chart. I decided to get it printed on canvas and hang it with a tree branch!
I didn’t have to go far to find a limb, we have had crazy storms lately and we had tree limbs down all over our yard. I decided to go with a straighter limb to keep the sign level.
Next came how in the world to hang the branch. I decided to take picture hanging wire and wrap it around the bark!
The growth chart starts at 1 foot off the floor. I measured with a tape measure to make sure that it was at the correct height.
I think it turned out pretty good! I decided that I was going to add this growth chart to my store! They are now available here!
Herb Garden Inspiration
Growing up, my Grandma always had this ladder leaning up against her house where the towels went to dry after we went swimming. This is something I will always remember. After my Grandma passed, I decided to use this Kiva Ladder in my own home.
I found these pails at Save-on-crafts.com for only $3.99 or 10 for $35. There was no way for the excess water to escape so I used a drill to drill 2 holes in each of the pails.
Then came the struggle of finding out how to hang the pots on the ladder. I looked for weeks for hooks big enough for the ladder. Then, by mistake, I realized the handles come off the pails and that I could just do that! DUH!
Here is the completed garden:
Herb Garden Inspiration