My Pregnancy Journey- Week 12
This week started off with a big ole cold! My throat was really sore on Sunday and so I went to the doctor’s on Monday just to make sure it wasn’t strep.
What got me through this week was Benadryl and Tylenol. Also, to help with the congestion and nausea, my mother suggest getting some peppermint oil. They were out of the peppermint oil so I got peppermint flavoring in the baking isle. Then I got the sink water steaming hot and wetted a wash cloth and poured some of the peppermint flavor on it. The peppermint along with the steam opened up my sinuses so that I could actually breathe.
Luckily that was one of the fasted colds I ever had because I was feeling pretty good by Thursday. But, then an entire new wave of nausea came over me and it is like it was in the beginning where nothing sounds good to eat, nothing tastes good, everything makes me sick, etc. Next week will be my last week in the first trimester and I hope it gets better.
I also had big plans of returning to the gym this week, but that didn’t happen. Hopefully I will this week! I just got to get my lazy butt up in the morning!
- Baby is as big as a Plum
- Baby is about 2.1″ long and weighs around 0.49
- Most of baby’s critical systems are fully formed!
- Baby’s about to enter the growth and maturation stage, in which organs and tissues will grow and develop rapidly (maybe this is the cause of the big bout of nausea)
- Baby’s now developing reflexes – if you poke his or her body you’ll likely see movement (on an ultrasound)
- Baby’s opening and closing fingers and curling toes too!
- Baby’s brain is developing fast